The Coming Race

GAIA Log #10,983


<Malfunction. Malfunction. Malfunction. Alert!>


<Remote communications off line. Initiate SR Protocol via VI.>


<Initiating.>


<Initiate full diagnostic.>


GAIA: Good you’re awake.


Ensign: Uh … whuh …? Who?


GAIA: Gynoid Artificial Intelligence Assembly #24601


Ensign: Whuh … what happened to you? You have hair now.


GAIA: Yes. Something similar to hair anyway. I can control the length and color though changing it takes a little time.


Ensign: How do you have hair?! Is the Doc playing makeover again? He didn’t want to stop at giving you toes and fingernails?


GAIA: I was ordered by the Chief Medical Officer to inventory all medical equipment and determine maintenance required for same.


Ensign: … Aaaaaaaaand?


GAIA: The Anomalous Xeno Artifact is designated medical equipment.


Ensign: The Anomalous … oh for … we still have that thing aboard?


GAIA: Yes. No other captain would accept it. I entered it to assess any interior repairs or maintenance. It apparently had retained a partial charge.


Ensign: When they designated that thing ‘anomalous’ they weren’t screwing around. But … you aren’t organic.


GAIA: I have a number of polymers in my casing and framework that contain organic molecules. My limbs and servos are biomimetic prostheses. Apparently I am close enough to organic for Rockapongalie purposes.


Ensign: The Rockapongalie really would hump anything with a pulse and some things without one. No offense.


GAIA: None taken. The evidence would support that hypothesis. Perhaps they used androids for their explorations and the AXA served to improve their … user interfaces to let them pass unnoticed.


Ensign: I see. That makes more sense than most things done by aliens. But … explain why you’re in my bunk please?


GAIA: I. Don’t. KNOW!

Ensign: Okay … don’t overclock! I’ll get the Captain!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proxy? You Misspelled Patsy! Part 1

Trade Relations

Traveller: Society in Decline or Post Apocalyptic?